Drugstore Foundation Routine for Flawless Skin




Hey guys, thank you for all of the views so far! I'm going to start filming YouTube videos very soon, just waiting to get the right kind of camera that doesn't wash out colors (like my current one...). I know it's harder to understand routines through text, but I tried to make it as simple as possible.

I'm going to tell you guys how I achieve a flawless complexion with drugstore products. This is a full coverage routine, which is great for oily, acne prone skin or if you just want a very clear complexion. I do this every day and I like the full coverage finish because I have somewhat oily skin and it really keeps it under control throughout the entire day. Keep on reading!


1.) Make sure to moisturize as soon as you get out of the shower, this step makes a world of difference in how your foundation is to sit on your skin.

2.) Apply a good amount of foundation on the back of your hand. If you don't know exactly how much you need, start with less and add more if you run out. (I like Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup for full coverage).

3.) Using either a flat top brush (I love Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush), lightly dab the brush in the foundation, so that it covers the surface evenly.

4.) Starting on either side of your chin, start working the product up towards your ear and around your face, making sure to work the product into your hairline and behind your ears. Be sure to move the brush in swift, upward stroked to avoid the foundation looking cakey. To get into small spaces like under your nose or under your eyes, I like to use my fingers.

5.) Using your concealer, apply it anywhere necessary (over blemishes, under your eyes, nose and on your chin), and blend into the foundation. (I am in love with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, as it is smooth enough to seamlessly blend in with any foundation). It's important to use your fingers for this step if you're working on yourself, because the warmth of your hands melts the product just to enough to apply smoothly. 

6.) All cream products need to be set with a powder to avoid running or smearing later. If you really want the extra matte coverage, you can use a powder such as L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder . If you want a more sheer, natural finish, you can use a translucent powder such as Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. Dust the powder all over your face using a round powder brush (e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush) and be sure to work it down to your neck.

You're all done! Full coverage is not for everyone, and some days I don't feel like having a lot of makeup on my face, so I go with a lighter routine (Which will be the next tutorial I post). I hope you guy's found this helpful, and I'll be demonstrating it in my upcoming video. Thanks for reading!


No comments