REVIEW: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

Hello Beauties!

Today I'd like to discuss my love-hate relationship with a special product.....


Bobby Brown Creamy Concealer Kit 

The reason I say love-hate is because depending on the occasion, this concealer is sometimes good to have, but can sometimes turn very ugly...but before I start talking about that, let me start off with my first impressions. 



The kit opens up to reveal a small mirror and two different products, the concealer and the setting powder. I purchased the kit in Ivory/Pale Yellow for $33 a couple months back, and as you can see, I've used up most of the concealer. It goes on creamy and thick, and requires some fast action to spread before it becomes too hard. 

Below, I've taken a picture of my eye before with the redness underneath.... (The product of 4 hours of sleep the previous night)


And with the concealer...


As you can see, it's eliminated all redness and has improved the overall look of my skin.
With the setting powder, it looks like this: 


The powder added more of a yellow tone to my eye area, which looks good in the picture, but not so good in real life. It's too much of a contrast from my natural skin color, but would probably look better on people with more yellow undertones. 

By now, you probably don't know what could be wrong with it, it looks fine in the pictures...

After about two minutes it starts to crease. Usually that's a naturally occurring problem with some concealers, and once you wipe it away the first time, you should be good for the rest of the day. Wrong. With this one, it seems that whenever you catch yourself looking in the mirror, the creasing is back, only much worse.  Hopefully, it was one of those things where you're the only one who notices...

I really wanted to like this concealer, after hearing so many positive reviews, I tried it over foundation, without foundation, with primer, etc. Maybe people with drier skin could benefit from this concealer, but for people with oilier skin, I'd advice you to stay away, If you don't want to look like you're fifty years older.

Comment below if you found this review helpful, and I'll be posting more reviews soon! 

No comments